Wooly Winter

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Two Starts and a Finish

For many years I have started a new stitching project on New Year's Day but many of the large ones are still in progress.   So I followed the same plan as last year, I started a small project that I should be able to finish this year.  It is JBW's French Country Wreath (one over one on 32 count star sapphire jobelan). The thread I am using is WDW Envy and I like it.

Progress as of 1/18/15

My first finish for 2015 is a perforated paper snowflake.  The redwork angel in the second picture has been waiting a while for finishing.  So I decided to make a fabric tuck frame for her and this is my first "finishing" finish of the year.  I need to round the inside corners next time so the lining lays down better.



My second start is a beautiful (and big) year-long project designed by Donna Bayliss of By the Bay Needleart.

Info can be found at http://bythebayneedleart.blogspot.com/p/serenity-harbor-sampler.html.  A section will be released the beginning of each month and here is a picture of my finished part one.  I am stitching one over one on 32 count mushroom lugana.

Serenity Harbor Sampler
Designer - By the Bay Needleart
Progress as of 1/11/15

I stitched on Quaker Christmas II for 14.5 hours this month, but now it's time to work on Jenny Bean's Friendship Sampler and a Valentine design I started last year.

Quaker Christmas II as of 1/18/15
Designer -  Bygone Stitches

I want to share pictures of the lovely handmade gifts received over the holidays from very talented friends.

Stained glass from Di

Beaded ornament from MaryLynn

Paper star ornaments from Kris Ann

Candy cane ornament and door knob cover from Maureen

Mr. and Mrs. Reindeer from Marie.  The yoyo tree is one of my 2014 finishes.

Square dishcloth from Charlyene, Starfish dishcloth from Marie

I also have pictures of some handmade ornaments that I bought at local craft shows this fall but I'll save those for the next post. 

2 comments:

  1. Deb, what a great post. I love the stitching aims you've set yourself for the forthcoming year. The By the Bay piece will be a real challenge but great fun as you are stitching along with friends. It will be stunning when it's finished.

    Quaker Christmas is breathtaking. You must be feeling flurries of excitement as it nears completion :-)

    I love the little wreath and the colours you have chosen. Well done on having achieved so much already.

    What talented friends you have. Your gifts are wonderful. I adore the beaded ornament from MaryLynn. I might have a go at one of those myself :-)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What darling finishes you have Deb. Your blog is so pretty and I'm glad to be stitching along with you on Serenity Harbor. I'm giving some thought to getting busy on my blog. You do have a lot of talent going on in your circle of friends :)

    ReplyDelete