Wooly Winter

Monday, March 30, 2015

February/March Update

Can't believe April is almost here. We had a cold February and this month has brought more rain than we needed. So of course it is raining again today. We did escape winter for two weeks and went on a cruise. And with all the bad weather I had time for some stitching.

Serenity Harbor Sampler as of 3/9/15

Red House Sampler as of 3/29/15

Scarlet Ribands as of 3/5/15

I also finished stitching several scissor fobs but they're not put together yet. Two are for exchanges so I need to have a finishing day later this week.  Today I am stitching on Marjolein Bastin's Violets which has been my carry around project for a few years. But I decided to get it out this morning because it is a cheerful project and close to being finished.

Last fall at one of the craft festivals I saw some beautiful painted glassware done by a local artist.  I found a wine bottle with a nice shape that I thought would make a pretty bud vase. I contacted the artist earlier this month to see if she would paint on it. She said yes and it is beautiful. Here is a picture of the bottle with a couple of her glasses.  I love the sunflowers!  


And here is a picture of the sunflower glass with Mountain Dew in it. It is easier to see the detail of the painting.  I just finished a diet ginger ale in this glass, it is so pretty and I really enjoy using it.



I went to a quilt show with some friends and the quilts were so beautiful.  I took a lot of pictures and posted them under the "2015 Quilt Show" tab at the top of this page.

And finally, here is a picture of some beaded scissor fobs I made last month.




2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been one busy lady! Love all your wips. I have a couple of the same ones going!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb, I loove all your WiP pics and your beautiful fobs, and the glasses and "flower vase". I bet my sister Karen could decorate glassware that way. Ribbands looks good on thhat bright blue fabric. Not even one cruise photo?

    ReplyDelete