Wooly Winter

Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Few Days Away

We spent four days in Asheville NC earlier this month. First day we took a ride to Cherokee, had lunch and checked out the casino and golf course. I took these pictures at the golf course, we had never heard about Sequoyah and his system of writing. Sequoyah is b v u in his written language.



We also stopped to check out the Maggie Valley Golf Course on the way back to Asheville. I took a few pictures, I've never seen a butterfly like this one.  He was beautiful.




The second day we went to Asheville Glass Center where I purchased a pretty hand blown glass.  It was made by Joe Falzone of Scorpio Glass.


Then we drove over to Weaverville and had a late breakfast at a wonderful bakery café called Well Bred in the historic downtown area. I also had a wonderful (and big) ginger molasses cookie that I munched on for the rest of the day.

-

Then we drove to Hendersonville to Beginnings Quilt Shop. They were having a class in pounding flowers to make a design on a quilt square. They let us take a look at what everyone was doing and it was very cool.  After pounding the leaves/stems/flowers they used permanent paint sticks to add detail. I wish I had known about the class because I would have signed up. I did buy some pretty batik fabrics, just need to decide what I'm going to do with them. 

We walked all over downtown and checked out the shops inside Grove Arcade. I bought this cute dachshund dish in one of the shops.


On the third day we went to Biltmore to tour the house and gardens. The house was amazing. They don't allow pictures inside but I took a few of the outside and the beautiful gardens. 





These show the view of the mountains from the terrace.  



And the fabulous gardens.



























We had a nice time, but it's always good to get home.

1 comment:

  1. The gardens are stunning Deb and that butterfly is just incredible. There is nothing like that over here.
    What a lovely time you had. Your little dachshund dish is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete