Wooly Winter

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas Ornament Exchange

I recently participated in a stitched ornament exchange with a group of friends.  This is an annual exchange and we've been doing it for years so I have a lot of lovely ornaments from the group. 

I stitched Snowman's Quaker Christmas by Midnight Stitching for Leah.  I actually had to stitch the design a second time because I made a mistake on the first one and didn't discover it until I had already mounted the fabric on the matboard.  

This is the first one, can you find the mistake?  I plan to add a white heart button to cover the mistake and then complete the finishing for our tree.

 
 
This is the ornament that I sent to Leah.  I used Sampler Threads Pine for the green on this one because I didn't have enough of the green thread that I used on the first one.  I like the way it turned out and I'm happy with my first attempt to make an octagonal ornament.
 
 
 
And this is the beautiful ornament that I received from Tami.  The design is Christmas Gift Sock Hop and the designer is Fresh Threads Studio.  I love the bright colors, it is so cheerful.
 
 
 
I actually found some time last week to stitch and I worked on Scarlet Ribands by Long Dog Samplers.  Hopefully I'll finish a motif soon and then I'll post a progress picture. 
 





1 comment:

  1. Oh what a surpise to be reading along and see my ornament! I just love it :) So glad you have it!

    ReplyDelete