Wooly Winter

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014 is Here

Happy New Year!  I didn't do well updating this blog last year, hopefully I will do a better job this year. Below is a recap of projects from 2013.

In December I went to Charleston SC with some friends and one of our stops was at the bead shop in Mt. Pleasant where we made Charleston Charm bracelets as a remembrance of our trip.  We picked different charms and beads so our bracelets are very different.  They all turned out pretty but of course I like mine the best.  We had a wonderful time and plan to go again in the spring.



I participated in two Christmas ornament exchanges and these are the ornaments I stitched.



And the beautiful ornaments I received.



The cross stitch project I started New Year's Day 2013 was Jenny Bean's Friendship Sampler.  I worked on it the first half of January and didn't pick it up again until the end of December.  I've worked on it four days in a row and here's a picture of my progress as of tonight.  


I took a couple of beading classes in 2013 and here are pictures of what I made.



Here are two ornaments I finished in 2013.  



We got a new tree, it is a 6.5 foot prelit and the majority of the ornaments on it are handmade.  Yes, it is on a table and I stood on a ladder to decorate the top half of it.  


A few of the beaded snowflakes I made last year.  


And a few of the yo yo ornaments I've been making the last few months. 




I saw these cute mini red stork scissors and I had to order a pair.  :-)  I made the fob to go with them and used a turtle charm that I bought at a shop in Rehoboth Beach several years ago.


And I made this fob for a friend.  The cat charm came from the same shop as the turtle.


And if you made it to this point, I thought I would end with a picture of the girls with the Christmas toys that a friend gave them.  


Thanks for visiting! 











2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog and seeing all of your wonderful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog, Deb. I sorely neglected mine and my groups last year combination fb and life I guess. Love all your 'stuff' and best wishes for a fun-filled trip!

    ReplyDelete