My big finish so far this year is Splendor X (Maiden's Medallion) by Maureen Appleton of The Heart's Content. I think I started this in 2006 and put the final stitches in on April 20th. I didn't use the linen or DMC thread that came with the kit, instead I stitched it one over one on 32 count hand dyed lugana from Picture this Plus and the floss is Dinky Dyes Silk. I made a few minor changes and I'm very happy with the way it turned out.
This is Red House Sampler by Brenda Keyes (The Sampler Company) as of April 29th.
This is Scarlet Ribands by Julia Line (Long Dog Samplers) as of March 22nd.
I participated in a scissor fob exchange and received from my friend Judith. This is the beautiful fob she designed and the scissors that match perfectly. It is beautiful and the black/white combo is so elegant. The beaded finish is really neat and she was kind enough to tell me how to do it so I plan to give it a try on the next ornament I finish.
And as a surprise she later sent me this beautiful needle nanny to go with it. It was such a wonderful surprise and I love it. It fits perfectly on the arm of my Ott light to hold my needle.
And these pictures show the front and back of the fob that I made for Judith. I love this saying and I'm sure I will stitch this Prairie Schooler design again some day.
I also finished stitching a couple of ornaments that I started last year. One is Halloween and the other is Christmas. I also stitched on a small Marjolien Bastin Violets design that I started several years ago. Hopefully it will be finished in May and I'll post a picture then. I'll post pictures of the ornaments when I do the finishing on them. In May I plan to work on three more works in progress, the first will be Rainbow Row.







No comments:
Post a Comment