I tweeked my back while playing golf last month, so I have been resting it and that means more stitching time. So I actually have some finishes to report. The first is a needlebook that I made for an exchange and it has arrived at it's new home in England. The first picture is the front.
The next two pictures show the inside. I used wool felt that I bought at a wonderful quilt shop in Dunedin FL.
.
I wish that I had done a better job of mounting the stitching on the front and I wasn't happy with the ribbon, I think it is too thin and maybe a bit too short. So I made two more without the ribbon and I think they turned out fine and the ribbon was probably not necessary. I am going to make one with a loop and button to see if I like that finish better.
And here are some pictures of the beautiful needle book that I received from Mary, front, back, inside and full view of the outside. I love the design and the saying.
I forgot to post a picture of my progress on Jenny Bean Sampler in my last update.
Jenny Bean Sampler as of April 3rd.
I continued with my goal to put at least eight hours of stitching into all of the "in progress" projects that I have. The number is growing, I found two more this week while looking for something else.
Rainbow Row (designer Barbara and Cheryl) as of May 12th.
Quaker Christmas 2 (designer ByGone Stitches) as of June 19th.
And I'm pleased to say that I have some more finishes. The first is Birds of a Funky Feather #8 and the designer is By the Bay Needleart. Stitched one over one on 32 count jobelan, completed May 17th.
And my other finish was a project that I started along with four of my friends. The design is My Friend's House by Blackbird Designs. Monday was our day to stitch on it and I put all of our initials on it. I really like this design, I made a few changes in the color placements and reworded the saying. We started on April 7th and I finished mine on June 11th. The fabric is 28 count hand dyed from Polstitches and was a gift from my friend Diane.
And this is a partial finish. On June 1st I finished piecing the top of my patriotic table runner. Now I need to get busy and finish it before the 4th of July.
Thanks for visiting!













No comments:
Post a Comment